Subject: Re: [Use Case:] PFC

> [I am probably going to regret saying this and I certainly have no desire to
> be a Microsoft apologist, but it seems to me that in practice there's not
> much to choose. There are free readers available for both Word and PDF.
> Creating either requires the purchase of an expensive tool from essentially
> one vendor. True the PDF format is published, but this makes little
> practical difference to most folks. ]

traitor! :o)

actually in lieu of text, the best solution may be to use the 'word95'
format. i have found that .doc formats that are more than a year old
tend to be better supported by non-ms readers. this can easily be
read/edited by more modern versions of word and as long as we refrain
from trying to make the docs look like a newsletter (goofy fonts,
multiple columns, text boxes, etc.) we should be able to reach a
workable solution.

then again, there is always raw eps... :o)