Subject: Nomination acceptance

I am sending this message to confirm my acceptance of my nomination for co-chair. As some of you may remember, besides co-authoring with Pierangela Samarati some early research on XML access control, I worked with Simon Blackwell from the very beginning to start this TC as an autonomous effort within OASIS; later, I tried to enlarge its membership to include other experienced academic and industrial researchers. As co-chair, I would try to continue Simon's work in keeping our focus on a shared strategy for XACML, as well as in planning what concretely needs to be done in order to keep our strict March 1st deadline. As there are several crucial issues to be addressed in the coming weeks, I fully agree with the other nominees that what the group needs most is a strong, committed co-chair team, with a clear idea of what we should accomplish and how we should do it. I would welcome the opportunity to be part of such a team, and am anyway willing to give my full support to the group activity.

Prof. Ernesto Damiani
Dipartimento di Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Università di Milano - Polo di Crema
Via Bramante 65 26013 Crema, Italia
tel 0373-898240
fax 0373-898253