Subject: [xacml] [Fwd: Re: [dsml] "Successfully using the specification"]

gleaned this from the dsml list. it some point it will be relevant to
our situtation...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [dsml] "Successfully using the specification"
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:59:17 -0800
From: Rob Weltman <robw@worldspot.com>
To: dsml@lists.oasis-open.org

Rob Weltman wrote:

 >   I noticed that Darran Rolls, coordinator of the the new Provisioning
 > TC in OASIS, has a similar interpretation of the OASIS requirement to
 > mine in the slides for the founding meeting today:
 >
 > "Proof of implementation by three supporting members"
 >
 >   Doesn't mean it's right, of course. I'll see if I can find out.

   Karl Best says it's up to the member organizations to determine:

As to the meaning of "successfully using", well that's open to
interpretation, I guess. The TC Process doesn't define it, and maybe
that's for the best. It doesn't specify that this is part of a
shrink-wrapped product, demo, proof of concept, etc. I suppose it could
be any of those. You've just got to be successfully using the spec. So,
I won't try to clarify this, but will leave it up to the judgement of
the OASIS member organization to judge for themselves.

Rob