Subject: [xacml] Fab. 04 telecon

Hi,

as Tim seems to be still stuck in the snow, while we wait for version 8 of
the document we could devote tonight's telecon on policy combination
(which seems to have been the focus of the email exchanges last week).

i enclose below a pointer at two works which we did here related to policy
combination. The first one addresses policy combination, the second
includes dealing with three values for deciding access (in a centralized
context).

best
-p

P. Bonatti, S. De Capitani di Vimercati, and P. Samarati, "
"An Algebra for Composing Access Control Policies" in  ACM
Transactions on Information and System
Security, to appear.
http://seclab.dti.unimi.it/~samarati/Papers/tissec02.ps

E. Damiani, S. De Capitani di Vimercati, S.  Paraboschi, and P. Samarati
"Fine-Grained access control for XML documents" by
in ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, to appear.
http://seclab.dti.unimi.it/~samarati/Papers/xml-tissec.ps