Subject: [xacml] XACML question

Our founder is going to be speaking on a panel on Tuesday at the Burton Conference - Interoperable Authorization: When, Where, and How?" (5-6pm, Tuesday, July 16). One of the strawman questions on the list that may be asked is:

Is the XML Access Control Markup Language (XACML) the standard on which we should bet on for access controls? Or will the Extensible Rule Markup Language (XrML2) and other Digital Rights Management (DRM) standards prevail? Will enterprise-level access control issues merge with consumer-oriented DRM efforts? Or will we have two separate efforts?

I thought I'd run it by the mailing list to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Ken Yagen

Director Engineering

CrossLogix, Inc.

http://www.crosslogix.com

Enterprise Scale Entitlement for Leveraging Corporate Data(tm)