Subject: RE: [xacml] XACML Request as "notional" XML document

Title: RE: [xacml] XACML Request as "notional" XML document

Anne - Thanks for taking the trouble to consult Eve.  My reading is that she identifies one potential problem that (I believe) will not apply in our case.  The "transformer" that transforms saml to xacmlContext will start a session with the PDP, in which it requests a decision.  Any subsequent requests for attributes by the PDP will be in that session.  Therefore, the transformer will be able to relate those attribute requests to its decision request.

Changing the name from request context to query context would be fairly simple.  All the best.  Tim

PSS.  I am tryingg out a new keyboard.  SO, I apoliose for the porr tyoings.

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@Sun.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 8:48 AM
To: XACML TC
Subject: [xacml] XACML Request as "notional" XML document

Tim had asked me to ask Eve Maler what she thought about our idea
of the XACML Request being a "notional" document, rather than a
physical document.  I see two "issues" from her response:

1. Should we rename XACML "Request" to "Query"?
2. Do we want to incur the cost of "data bindings" and "COM-based
   processing" to handle references to such a "notional" XML
   document?

Anne