Subject: Re: [xacml] 7.7 Obligations

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, bill parducci wrote:

> this is in reference to the pEp (which doesn't do 'extra fancy rule and
> policy recombination algorithm' stuff).
>
> the idea is that *regardless* of what the pDp returns to the pEp in
> terms of an azn decision, the pEp DENIES access to the Resource by the
> Subject if the associated Obligation is not understandable.

It appears to me that this document merely describes a language, such that
when a formula of the language is well formed, when evaluated against a
specific valid input, yields a consistent result.

What the PEP does with that result is up to the PEP. This advice should be
non-normative. The normative part should only outline the specific manner
in which obligations are collected in a particular way, according to the
language, and delivered in the result.

Cheers,
-Polar