Subject: [xacml] Question about mechanics of announcing a public review

Title: Question about mechanics of announcing a public review

Since the public review process is new, there are few precidents to guide us. Mostly I am using the SAML public review as a model.

A couple of questions for you:

Where do we advertise? OASIS News, I know. An announcement to [members]? [announce]? all TC lists?  Would OASIS want to do a press release?

Are we expected to draft the text for OASIS News? Internal OASIS announcement? Press release? (It seems to me that eventually announcements of this type would have a standard form.)

I envision the announcement would be quite simple: what, when, where, how to comment.

The timeframe for this may be quite short. We hope to vote for committee spec tomorrow, begin the review Monday, ending Nov 13 and submit to OASIS by Nov 15. This may of course slip if we are not ready.

We are in the process of agreeing in a review process.

Is there anything else we need to do or know about?

Hal