Subject: Re: [xacml] MK01: DataType and Namespace

Hello,

I found an inconsistent use of the "DataType" attribute.

<Attribute DataType="xs:string"....>
In this case, it seems to me that the attribute type is xs:QName.
<Attribute DataType="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0.datatype:x500name"...>
In this case, it seems to me that the attribute type is xs:anyURI.

As Kudo-san is requesting, I'd request to
change the type from xs:anyURI to xs:QName.

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com

                      Michiharu
                      Kudoh/Japan/IBM@I        To:       XACML TC <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      BMJP                     cc:
                                               Subject:  [xacml] MK01: DataType and Namespace
                      2002/10/17 18:47

We have agreed to specify DataType attribute in both policy and context.
The schema 16j says that DataType attribute is xs:anyURI. I think that the
DataType is written as QName such as "xs:string" and "xs:boolean" like
MatchId attribute. So I request to change DataType attribute from xs:anyURI
to xs:QName. Besides, we should add the following namespace prefix and its
namespace URI in the spec.

Prefix            Namespace URI
xacml-function    urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function
xacml-datatype    urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:datatype

*) datatype prefix is used for xacml-datatype:x500Name and
xacml-datatype:rfc822Name. In fact, prefix itself matters only in the
specification document. Policy writers can choose another prefix as they
like.

I think text that refers to ds: prefix (XML Signature namespace) and saml:
prefix no longer exist in the spec. So line 289-290, 303-305  should be
deleted.

Michiharu Kudo

IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
Tel. +81 (46) 215-4642   Fax +81 (46) 273-7428