Subject: Re: [xacml] WS-Policy and XACML comparison

"Anthony Nadalin" <drsecure@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Somehow you have mistaken item [6] as WS--Policy requirements, whereas
>these are Tim's views and NOT requirements that drove WS-Policy, so I can
>see how you came to your conclusion !

Tony, I merely referenced Tim's document as one statement of requirements.
As far as I know, there is no published Requirements Specification for
WS-Policy, and that agreeing on the requirements is one of the first tasks
ahead of the group working on WS-Policy.

By the way, two of IBM's contributions to XACML may be very valuable in
addressing WS-Policy requirements:
a) Obligations: there may be an obligation on the service requester
   associated with application of a particular policy, although this
   obligation is transparent to the service provider.
b) Hierarchical resources

Anne
------
Anne Anderson          Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM