Subject: Re: [xacml] WSPL - XACML gap analysis

There are several ways in which this falls under our charter.

"The XACML Technical Committee will define a core XML schema for representing
 authorization and entitlement policies, also called XACML."

  The policy for what types of communication are allowed between a web services
  consumer and server is a type of authorization and entitlement policy: e.g. client
  is only authorized to use strong crypto, response is authorized only if it
  uses X or Y formats, Clients are entitled to use DSA or RSA, etc.

"Extensibility: XACML core schema is extensible for as yet unknown features"

  We are demonstrating how the core schema can be extended for these new features.

"Interoperability: The XACML Technical Committee will define interoperability of
XACML core schema with other standards."

  We are doing the investigations needed to define how XACML will interoperate
  with web services standards that (everyone hopes) will emerge.

Anne

"Maryann Hondo" <mhondo@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:28:59 -0500
>

>Anne & Tim,
>I apologize for not being able to make any of the focus calls. I've been
>travelling and on vacation.
>Thursdays are also  really bad days for me.
>
>Just to catch up.....I have a few questions.
>
>1) Could you explain how  the definition of WSPL  is within the XACML
>charter? do you  propose amending the charter to bring this work in scope?
>(if you've already explained this can you point me to the thread?)
>2) Should this be a separate discussion group thread rather than the main
>XACML mailing list?
>3) Tony's question is what would be the IP terms under which this
>new/re-chartered group will work? As I understand it the XACML IP terms
>are RAND, so I assume any contributions to this effort would also be under
>RAND terms.
>4) are there separate calls planned for this activity?
>
>Thanks.
>Maryann

Anne
------