Subject: SAML extensions for authorization from Open Grid Services Architecture

A draft set of extensions to SAML for use with authorization has
been submitted to the Global Grid Forum OGSA Security Working
Group.  Some of these proposed extensions could be replaced by
the XACML recommendation to the SSTC for use of XACML
Request/Response in SAML 2.0, but the XACML recommendation does
not satisfy all their requirements.  We might want to revise or
augment our recommendation in order to incorporate more of the
Grid requirements.  It is not clear whether GGF would actually
submit their extensions to the SSTC, but XACML might be able to
advise the SSTC on how best to meet these new requirements
without adding multiple, overlapping extensions.

The spec isn't too long, and the actual description of the
extensions is only a portion of the spec, so review is not a
major task.  See http://www.globus.org/ogsa/security, and look at
the bottom of the page under "Other documents" for "Use of SAML
for OGSA Authorization".