Subject: F2F Attendance by a non-OASIS member

At the last meeting I took an action item to investigate OASIS policy on a
non-OASIS member attending a F2F meeting.

The short answer is it is not allowed. OASIS hase no "visiting expert"
concept. If someone is considering joining OASIS and they want to "see what
it is like" they would permit that. There is also a provision that Patrick
Gannon (President) can grant a one year, fee waived, individual membership
on a case by case basis.

As I suspected, the primary issue is IPR. OASIS has no provision for
non-members to agree to be bound by their IPR Policy.

I believe somebody (Frank?) was going to check with David Chadwick to find
out if a) he would really attend a XACML F2F in the Bay in October and b) it
is not possible for him to join OASIS even as an individual.

I suggest we not do anything further unless we hear that both of these
things are true.

Hal