Subject: Summary of issues: WI#10. Parameters for Combining Algorithms

This is my understanding of where we are on WI#10 (combining
algorithm parameters).  Could people clarify if I have gotten any
of this wrong or if I have left something out?

   APPROVED:
   a) Schema will be as specified in
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200403/msg00125.html
      except that <AttributeValue> will be replaced with
      <Expression> (per WI#7), which could be a <ConditionReference>.
   b) <CombinerParameter> <AttributeValue>/<Expression> elements
      will have a DataType so the PDP can completely evaluate the
      value before passing it to the CombiningAlgorithm.
   b) <CombinerParameters> are children of the <Policy>, not of
      the <Rule>; i.e. they are specified outside the <Rule>
      elements to which they apply.

   ISSUE:

   How are <CombinerParameters> elements and the
   <CombinerParameter> elements within them associated with
   particular <Rule> elements?  Options:

   a) Left completely up to the CombiningAlgorithm.

      Polar's preference.

   b) Specified order: all <CombinerParameter> elements in the
      1st <CombinerParameters> element are associated with the
      1st <Rule>, the 2nd <CombinerParameters> are associated
      with the 2nd <Rule>, etc.

   c) Specified in <CombinerParameters> metadata.  E.g.
      <CombinerParameters ParameterRef="Rule5">
         <CombinerParameter ParameterName="p1".../>
         <CombinerParameter ParameterName="p2".../>
      </CombinerParameters>
      <CombinerParameters ParameterRef="Rule2">