Subject: RE: [xacml] URI-match function proposal

Bill - It's "starting" to make sense.  But, before I let you entirely off
the hook, there are just a couple of things ...

1. There seems to be nothing to distinguish your two <ResourceMatch>
elements, although they are to be treated entirely differently.  How will
the processor know that the first match is for the host and the second one
is for the resource?  Shouldn't they have different
<ResourceAttributeDesignator> elements?  Also, the fist match could include
the initial portion of the local path, could it not?

2. Remember, in my use-case, I need to create multiple queries for target
patterns that are "more general" than the PDP's topic.  For example, if the
"topic" is "www.example.com/resources" then I need to generate several
queries:

one that exactly matches "www.example.com/resources",
one that exactly matches "www.example.com/",
one that exactly matches "example.com/" and
one that exactly matches ".com/".

Otherwise, I won't find policies whose scopes "include" the topic.  Or were
you proposing a different approach?  It seems to me that this would be
rather difficult if the full freedom of reg-exp is allowed.

In addition, I have to locate policies that apply to a "more specific"
scope, such as "www.example.com/resources/finance"

All the best.  Tim.