Subject: URI-match function ... default ports

Good morning, all.

I have been following the discussion about the URI-match function and
was wondering if anyone has given any thought to the "default
ports/schemes" issue.  For instance, would you consider the following
two URIs to be "equal", or to "match"?

	http://www.acme.com/bakery
	http://www.acme.com:80/bakery

Since port 80 is the default port for the "http" scheme, it seems to me
that these should, in fact, "match".  Likewise, port 443 is the default
for "https", 21 is default for "ftp", etc.  I haven't seen any
discussion of this on the group, and wanted to see what folks think.

Thanks,

Gene Thurston
AmberPoint, Inc.