Subject: RE: [xacml] Type-is-in should be a match function

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:25, Tim Moses wrote:
> Target can contain a match function, e.g. ResourceMatch, which compares an
> attributeValue with a ResourceAttributeDesignator, which is a bag of base
> types.

Yes, but recall how Targets are evaluated. The Designator/Selector is
evaluated to retrieve some number of values, and then for each value we
compare it to the given AttributeValue using the MatchId. For instance:

  <SubjectMatch MatchId="...:string-equal">
    <AttributeValue DataType="...#string">foo</AttributeValue>
    <SubjectAttributeDesignator DataType="...#string" ... />
  </SubjectMatch>

is legal because values are resolved for the designator, and then one at
a time they are compared to the value "foo" using the function
string-equal. If any one of the resolved values matches, then the
SubjectMatch matches.

So, yes, we're working with Bags in Targets. However, from the point of
view of the Match function, we're only working on base-types. Thus, we
can't use the bag functions in Target matching. Does that make sense? Am
I answering the wrong question?

seth