Subject: RE: [xacml] URI-match function proposal

Anne/Bill - I had in mind that uri-subtree-match would be specified in v2.
It would use regex (at least) for the local path part.  Bill and I may write
an RDBMS profile which would layout any necessary restrictions on XACML
(including the uri-subtree-match expression) to enable policies to be
stored, distributed, located and retrieved by means of RDBMS.  This involves
computing SQL queries from target match expressions.

Hopefully, ipAddress and dnsName matches would be specified in v2.  However,
we do have to resolve issues concerning ipAddress (e.g. separate functions
for v4 and v6 and treatment of default ports).

All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Anderson [mailto:Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:55 AM
To: Bill Parducci
Cc: 'xacml'

We have discussed moving ipAddress and dnsName match into a separate
Profile.  Or will uri-match supersede those?  Anyway, can we assume they
will all be handled in this new Profile, in whatever form they end up?

Anne

On 15 July, Bill Parducci writes: Re: [xacml] URI-match function proposal  >
From: Bill Parducci <bparducci@gluecode.com>  > To: 'xacml'
<xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>  > Subject: Re: [xacml] URI-match function
proposal  > Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:44:24 -0700  >
 > ...i think you left out the profile on writing Profiles ;)
 >
 > my thinking was that tim and i would take on the Profile for
 > string-matching-for-fun-and-profit. perhaps not before v2 gets out the
 > door, but that it is on our plate (aka "the 'people's' plate"? :o)  >
 >
 > Anne Anderson wrote:
 > > People should be aware that any new profile, if you expect me to  > >
write it, will have to get in line behind:  > >
 > >   - RBAC
 > >   - Hierarchical Resources
 > >   - Multiple Resources
 > >   - SAML