Subject: RE: [xacml] Type-is-in should be a match function

Seth - I notice that we are unclear in Section 5.8.  We say that legal
values for the matchId attribute are documented in Section A.3.  Well, all
functions are documented in Section A.3.  So, am I right in saying that
legal values for matchId are documented in Sections A.3.1 (equality
predicates) and A.3.13 (special match functions)?  All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Moses
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:04 AM
To: 'Seth Proctor'; Tim Moses
Cc: 'XACML'

Seth - No.  You aren't answering the wrong question.  This is what I hear

If the context contains a multi-valued attribute and, in the Target, we want
to match on any one of the values, then we use type-equal, and not
type-is-in.  Thereby hiding the fact that the attribute is multi-valued and
the designator is a bag.

It was my misunderstanding.  Thanks for helping me out.  All the best.  Tim.