Subject: RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-profile-dsig-wd-03.pdf uploaded

Thanks again for the comments.  Here is how I handled them.

On 24 August, Tim Moses writes: RE: [xacml] Groups - oasis-xacml-profile-dsig-wd-03.pdf uploaded
 > XACML Profile for SAML 2.0, WD 04, 19 Aug 2004
 >
 > Line numbers from the PDF version
 >
 > Section 4.1 - Please consider adding <xacml:Target> to the choice.  Here is
 > the justification.  A valid use model is for a PDP to retrieve the necessary
 > policies at deployment time, rather than upon receiving a request.  The PDP
 > is configured with a "topic", whose syntax is an <xacml:Target>.  The
 > associated semantics are: the set of requests that the PDP is intended to
 > answer.  The topic is used to retrieve and load all the policies that may
 > apply to any such request.

Done.  I changed the description of the semantics, however.

 > Trivial ...
 >
 > Line 62 - Change "[XACML-SAMLP]" to "[XACML]".

Done.

 > Line 86 - Change "Markup Assertion" to "Assertion Markup".

Done.

 > Line 123 - Some of these definitions end with ">", others do not.

I removed all ">".

 > Line 147 - Change "must" to "MUST".

Done.  I also capitalized and put in quotes all the normative
words in this list.

 > Line 151 - Change "when capitalized" to "when the initial letter is
 > capitalized".

Done.

 > Line 159 - Change "is name/value" to "is a name/value".

Done.

 > Lines 196 & 198 - Change "The value" to "The fully-qualified value".  Or,
 > maybe, there is a better wording.  The issue is that the literal value of
 > the Name XML attribute may depend on a namespace declaration somewhere else
 > in the assertion.

Done.  I could not think of a better wording.

 > Line 252 - Delete leading space.

Done.

 > Lines 270 & 277 - Would it make sense to specify a default value?

Done.  I made both XML attributes optional with default values of
"false".

 > Line 290 - Change "element" to "XML attribute".

Done.

 > Line 325 - Change "an" to "a".

Done.

 > Line 332 - Change "[XACML-SAMLP]" to "[XACML]".

Done.

 > Line 356 - Change "is" to "SHALL be".  Change "may" to "MAY".

Done.  I also used SHALL and MAY in the corresponding sections
talking about Queries and Statements in Requests and Responses.

 > Line 406 - Delete "in the".

Done.

 > Line 420 - Change <samlp:Request> to <samlp:Response>.

Done.

 > Lines 437, 440, 447 & 454 - Change "VALUE" to "value".

I changed it to "Value XML attribute".  The StatusCode value is
expressed in an XML attribute with name "Value".

Let me know if you (or anyone else) disagrees with these
dispositions.