Subject: RE: [xacml] Groups - Changes Since XACML 1.0 (xacml_1.x_2.0_diffs_draft.doc) uploaded

>7. Datatypes: there is no "xpath-expression" datatype.

I suggest that depending on the timeline for XACML 3.0 we may redefine
those types until Xpath2.0/XQuery reaches W3C recommendation phase.  It
should enter candidate recommendation status on July meeting.

Many popular Xpath implementations are already 2.0.

That would be a good opportunity for us to revisit binding between
Xpath/XQuery data model to XACML context anyway.

Other potential use for this standard is that XQuery is a rather natural
language to use to express policy recombination algorithms - using XML
representation for the rule evaluation results.  Standardizing on a
language for recombination algorithms may make them more interoperable
and easier to extend.

Daniel;