Subject: Issue#47: WS-Policy Assertion profile for XACML

Colleagues,

Now that WS-Policy has been submitted to and accepted by the W3C, it
seems like we should have a standard way to carry an XACML Policy or
PolicySet as an Assertion in a WS-Policy instance.  I'm thinking of
something like a very simple wrapper:

<xacmlws:XACMLPolicyAssertion Optional="False">
   <xacml:PolicySet ...>
   </xacml:PolicySet>
</xacmlws:XACMLPolicyAssertion>

Two other possible inclusions might be:

1) A signed SAML Assertion containing an instance of the
XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType that includes the corresponding Request
Context; for use as an authorization credential.

   <xacmlws:XACMLAuthzCredential>
      <saml:Assertion>
         ... (containing XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType instance)
      </saml>
   </xacmlws:XACMLAuthzCredential>

2) Individual XACML <Apply> statements, for expressing individual
authorization constraints.

   <xacmlws:XACMLAuthzAssertion ...>
       <xacml:Apply FunctionId="...">
       </xacml:Apply>
   </xacmlws:XACMLAuthzAssertion>

I've added this as Issue#47 to the Issues list at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/IssuesList