Subject: Delegation with open attribute categories

All,

I have looked into how to map the delegation model in the new format
with the open attribute categories. It turns out to work very well and
the categories simplify the delegation specification a lot. Everything
can be done with the normal matching rules and there is no need for any
special delegation treatment, except for the process which generates the
administrative requests. (I hope I am not overlooking anything here.)
There is only one issue with indirect delegates. I have added issues
49-52 in the issues list to cover what I have done so far:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/IssuesList

I suggest that, if people like this, I will update the delegation
profile draft accordingly.

What I have done solves issue 33 (how to match any delegate), so if
people like my proposals, we could close that issue.

Also, should we reopen issue 9, backwards compatibility? It is marked as
closed since everything so far has been backwards compatible. The open
categories are not directly backwards compatible, so that is not true
anymore.

Best regards,