Subject: RE: [xacml] New Topic: Policy Provisioning

I don’t see any technical reason why SPML is inappropriate. Policy provisioning has been discussed by the Provisioning TC as a usecase. In addition, there are specific features of SPML, such as operators, batching, etc. which we would have to reinvent if we do not use SPML. Do you see a specific technical problem or have an alternative starting point in mind?

Hal

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:27 AM
To: Prateek Mishra
Cc: Hal Lockhart; xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

Is SPML the proper protocol for policy lifecycle mechanisms? Seems like a bit of a stretch

Inactive hide details for Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>

Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>

03/06/2007 08:56 AM

xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Hal Lockhart <hlockhar@bea.com>

Subject

Re: [xacml] New Topic: Policy Provisioning

Hal,

Your proposed approach is of interest to us.

I will obtain additional feedback on this issue and post the use-cases
of interest to us.

- prateek