Subject: Issues#5,55,70:The relationship between PolicyId, PolicyIdRef,and PolicyIdReference

[I have used just PolicyId* in the following, but the same questions
apply to PolicySetId*]

Is it a requirement that the value of a PolicyIdRef XML attribute in a
<PolicyCombinerParameters> element and the text() content of a
<PolicyIdReference> element must match (via anyURI-equal) the value of
the PolicyId XML attribute in the referenced <Policy> element?

This was my original understanding, but I seem to remember someone in
the discussion on Feb. 1 explaining why these values are not the same,
and therefore to know the Policy that corresponds to a given
PolicyIdReference or PolicyIdRef, the Policy would need to be enclosed
in some other element that would give its PolicyIdReference or
PolicyIdRef value.

If my original understanding is correct, then Issue#70 is not an issue:
we will not need any new elements in an XACMLPolicyStatementType
(Issue#70) or anything more than an element containing referenced
<Policy> and <PolicySet> elements in an XACMLAuthzDecisionQuery
(Issue#5) or a WS-XACML XACMLAssertionAbstractType (Issue#55).

Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928
Burlington, MA USA