Subject: RE: [xacml] New Topic: Policy Provisioning

I am certainly open to considering them as an alternative technical approach. As I understand it, WS-MEX and WS-Transfer are still someway from being standardized.

Hal

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:03 PM
To: Hal Lockhart
Cc: Prateek Mishra; xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

And I'm suggesting that we have other web services protocols that also can provision policy like WS-MEX/Transfer/ResourceTransfer that need to be factored.

Inactive hide details for "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>"Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>

"Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>

03/07/2007 10:52 AM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"Prateek Mishra" <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>, <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

RE: [xacml] New Topic: Policy Provisioning

I think there is a basic misunderstanding here. I did not mean to suggest that XACML endorse the implementation of SPML 2.0. What I am proposing is that we use parts of the schema and some of the semantics as appropriate as the starting point to construct a XACML Policy Provisioning Protocol. This would be exactly analogous to the Policy Request and Policy Decisions Protocols in the XACML SAML Profile. Using these protocols does not require you to support any other parts of SAML.

Hal