Subject: Re: [xacml] Updating XACML 2.0 conformance tests to meet errata

Hi All,

A couple of meetings ago I agreed to take an action item to "straighten out"
where things stand w the conformance tests and recommend action:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200805/msg00007.html

I have reviewed the situation and here are my preliminary findings:

1. the most recent collection of conformance tests was dated 10-Oct-05 and
    are located in this zip file submitted by Argyn Kuketayev:
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14846/xacml2.0-ct-v.0.4.zip
    This zip file contains a thousand plus  .xml files plus an overall description
    file named ConformanceTests.html

 2. just 3 days later (13-Oct-05), Argyn submitted another batch of tests that were suggested
    for section F of ConformanceTests.html. These were single submissions to the repository
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14877/ConformanceTests.html
    These files were put on a wiki page as indicated in this email:
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200510/msg00015.html

  3. on 18-Apr-06, Argyn submitted a zip file containing the single files in item 2 above
       with the following cover email:
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200604/msg00009.html
       the zip file is:
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17732/2006-04-16-conformance2.0-patch.zip

  4. Craig Forster submitted the email I am replying to here:
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200805/msg00000.html
       which has an attached zip file containing Craig's changes:
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200805/bin00000.bin

    5. there was considerable discussion about Oleg's initial email on the conformance tests:
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-dev/200804/msg00001.html
       during April and May of 2008 in xacml-dev:
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-dev/
       however, aside from some errata to the core doc, I do not believe those discussions
        resulted in any changes proposed for the tests themselves.

Suggested course of action:

    1. we should review Argyn's changes in 2 and 3 above and decide if they should be
       added to section F of ConformanceTests.html as he did in the above ref'd link.
    2. we should replace the files in the xacml2.0-ct-v.0.4.zip file with Craig's fixes
       and update that file to be named: xacml2.0-ct-v.0.5.zip
     3.  we should also update the ConformanceTests.html file to include the changes
       from the above 2 items.
    4. I think the wiki that Argyn left should be regarded as an artifact that we may or
       may not want to continue to use.

    Thanks,
    Rich

Craig Forster wrote:
Hi all,

I've gone ahead and updated the conformance tests for the dayTimeDuration
and yearMonthDuration DataType changes ONLY.  The attached .ziparchive file
includes only the files that have changed.

(See attached file: conformance-updates.ziparchive)

Here is a list of the changed files:

   conformance/policy/IIC102Policy.xml
   conformance/policy/IIC103Policy.xml
   conformance/policy/IIC104Policy.xml