Subject: Issue 89

All,

I have an action item on issue 89.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/IssuesList

It's about adding a description element to the <Apply> element, or
perhaps the expression type.

I propose that we do not add the description element to the expression
type, since this means that the description will also be available in
attribute selector/designator, variable references, attribute values and
perhaps more. This would seem excessive to me. Instead we should add it
to the <Apply> element directly.

Here is a proposed schema change:

    <xs:element name="Apply" type="xacml:ApplyType"
substitutionGroup="xacml:Expression"/>
    <xs:complexType name="ApplyType">
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="xacml:ExpressionType">
                <xs:sequence>
                    <xs:element ref="xacml:Description" minOccurs="0"/>
                    <xs:element ref="xacml:Expression" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                </xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="FunctionId" type="xs:anyURI"
use="required"/>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

The Description element is the same one used in the Policy(Set)/Rule:

    <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string"/>

Best regards,