Subject: Re: [xacml] The road to 3.0?

Erik,

Going  to a new version of  a standard is a very big deal - we need to
be able to explain at a high-level why we need to do this and what
benefits will obtain to customers and vendors. There is a lot of
experimentation on-going with XACML 2.0 - many people are pointing out
gaps and practical problems (your comments below) and I think it would
be critical to address these before creating a new version of the standard.

Just my 2cents - I think there are techniques available to handle the
issue of certain drafts needing to show progress in the short term
(e,g., CD, CS) without creating a new version.

- prateek