Subject: FW: Likely Future Status of "Character Model for the World WideWeb 1.0: Normalization"

I received this answer from the W3C. Note that they are requesting comments on the document, which as always could include comments on the clarity and usability of the document as well as any errors or omissions.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillips, Addison [mailto:addison@amazon.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:36 AM
To: hal.lockhart@oracle.com; ishida@w3.org
Cc: Bill Parducci; Erik Rissanen

Hi Bill and Hal,

The document is currently being edited (meaning: useful work was done at this week's TPAC meeting in Cannes) for publication as a new working draft. Because of the charter for the I18N WG, the document will move from the REC track to the NOTE track and we hope to publish it as NOTE before the end of the year.

I agree that this document is very useful and it is, personally, one of my main goals as chair to finish it in a timely manner. Please note that we have an outstanding call for comments on the current draft [1].

Kind Regards,

Addison

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2008AprJun/0178.html

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126
Chair -- W3C Internationalization Core WG

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.