OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [xacml] Minutes 27 August 2009 TC Meeting - UPDATED

Time: 10:00 am EDT

1. Roll Call
    Hal Lockhart (Chair)
    Bill Parducci (Co-Chair, minutes)
    Erik Rissanen
    Paul Tyson
    Rich Levinson
    Seth Proctor
    John Tolbert
    Duane DeCouteau
    David Staggs

Voting Members 9 of 10

   Gareth Richards
   Vernon Murdoch

2. Administrivia
    Meeting started late due to issues with the new phone number.

   Vote to approve Minutes from 13 August 2009 TC Meeting
   APPROVED unanimously

   XSPA Attestations
   VA, Jericho Systems, Sun and Redhat have notified the TC that
   they are successfully using XSPA.

|   Duane asked to advance the "Committee Specification" to a full
|   membership vote as an OASIS standard.  As required by OASIS policy,
|   Duane moved to request the TC Admin to create an electronic vote
|   in order for the TC to approve the creation of a full membership
|   vote.
|   VOTE: passed unanimously

|  Duane will update the name of the XSPA document as required, collect
|  all additional information, and present to the Chairs at which point
|  the Chairs will request the Admin to create an electronic vote for
|  the TC to approve the CS be sent to the full membership.

   ODF Document Controls Profile uploaded
   John noted that this version incorporates changes made per Erik's
   suggestions re: proper formatting.

3. Issues
   Attribute Manifest File
   Hal reviewed AMF, describing its mechanism for communicating
   metadata about information via attributes (which may be used in
   making access control policy decisions).

   Paul suggested that RDF be considered for making the solution more
   flexible and as an efficient tie into an Enterprise Ontology

   Seth asked what the primary Use Cases are. Hal offered that it
   primarily tries to address how to handle missing attributes.

   Paul offered that this type of information needs to be persisted
   somehow and that this represents an attempt to do so in a standard

   Hal asked if Paul could provide non-proprietary examples that may
   be used for consideration in exploring RDF.

   Paul will submit appropriate examples on the wiki as available.

   Hal noted that the format of the currently posted document will
   be modified to conform more closely to the Oasis standard.

4. Outstanding Issues


   Core Conformance

   XACML Future Work

   Comments on XACML v3 (Aggregated by Erik)

meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]