Subject: Re: [xacml] XACML 3.0 namespace

On 2011-11-28 09:57, remon.sinnema@emc.com wrote:
Erik,

-----Original Message-----
From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On
Behalf Of Erik Rissanen
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:20 AM
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

Ray,

The former is the 3.0 namespace and the latter is the XACML 1.0 XSD file
which uses the 1.0 namespace.
My bad. I was looking for something with "cs" in it. Apparently we don't have that...

I don't know for sure why the 1.0 file is
in the 3.0 folder on the web. Probably because the SAML profile schemas
import it, so it ended up copied there too.
Why are the pre-3.0 SAML profile schemas are in the 3.0 directory?

Anne updated the XACML 3.0 SAML profile so it is backwards compatible with 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 too. So it's not the pre-3.0 profile schemas. They are actually part of the 3.0 profile.

What do you think is wrong with the 3.0 namespace?
It contains "wd-17". Since we're at Committee Specification, I expected something like "cs-1".

We don't change the identifiers as we promote the status. I guess it was done in the past, but today not. Firstly, I don't think the OASIS TC process allows us the change any of the technical content of the specs when they are promoted. And even so, we would not want to do it because of the risk of introducing errors.

Best regards,