Subject: Minutes 13 September 2018 TC meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EST (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 13 September 2018 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
 Voting members
  Steven Legg
  Rich Levinson
  David Brossard
  Michael Good
  Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
  Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)

 Members
  Martin Smith

  Voting Members: 6 of 6 (100%) (used for quorum calculation)
   Bill: we have quorum

  Approve Minutes19 July 2018
  Approve Minutes 16 August 2018
    Hal: minutes approved for both, no objections heard

II. Administrivia
  Rich updated the XACML website, found an issue with REST Profile versioning...

REST/JSON status
  Hal:
   Public review requests have been submitted. I suspect Public Review will
   begin within a week or so. [Reviewed history of Profiles] Rich noticed REST Profile
   listed as v1.1 and 1.0. In 2014 the TC raised the version of the Profile as part of a
   modification with respect to compatibility with XACML v3.0.
   I would like to confirm that the REST Profile will be recorded as v1.1 and the JSON
   Profile would be recorded as 1.0.
  David:
   The current JSON Profile doesn't make reference to policies. Should we modify the title
   to make note of this?
  Hal:
   That would require a reset on the approval process.
  Rich:
   I think consistency is important with respect to consistency.
  Hal:
   My tendency is to not roll REST Profile back to v1.0, keep it v1.1

  MOTION:
  [Rich] I move to change the JSON Profile from v1.0 to v1.1 to provide consistency with the REST Profile and to reflect recent changes.
  SECOND:
   David
  Hal:
   I don't believe this is a material change since the mechanisms are not modified.
  VOTE:
   Approved unanimously.

III. Issues/Open Discussion

  ACTION ITEM:
   Hal to talk to TC Admin about timing of version change request.

  Hal:
   I believe we have to create a new Working Draft to reflect the version change.

meeting adjourned.