Subject: FYI Re: Submit XCBF CS 1.1 as an OASIS Standard

Hi Team,
FYI. This is Karl's reply yesterday.
Now we have to fix up "the couple of things" listed by him.

Best regards,
Tyky

----- Forwarded by Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM on 07/10/2003 11:40 AM -----

                      "Karl F. Best"
                      <karl.best@oasis-        To:       Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
                      open.org>                cc:       jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
                                               Subject:  Re: Submit XCBF CS 1.1 as an OASIS Standard
                      07/09/2003 08:34
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      karl.best

Tyky:

Looks pretty good. We'll start a look at the spec itself, but there's a
couple of things related to the submission package.

> 1. The formal specification. It is also posted on the TC Web site for
> public awareness and available download.
> (See attached file: XCBF XML Common Biometric Format CS 1.1.doc)

We'll need a URL for the doc, as we don't want to send out the doc
itself to the thousands of OASIS members.

> 3. The certification by three OASIS member organizations on using the
> specification consistently with the OASIS IPR (Intellectual Property
> Rights) Policy:

Are these certifications in the email list archives? I'd rather point to
them there. Just provide the URL for each of the three messages.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xcbf/email/archives/index.html
 > http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xcbf/documents.php

You've just pointed in general to the list archives and doc repository,
leaving it up to each interested person to have to dig out the details.
What I'm expecting to see here is a URL to a document that lists the
comments received and their resolutions.

> 5. The pointer to votes/comments:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xcbf/ballots.php

Same here. We need a specific URL pointing to a specific ballot. We need
to make it easy for people to find this information.

For the spec, on the first page the list of Contributors, and the
ASppendix A list, should list company names only for those members who
are employed by OASIS member organizations. Individual members should be
listed as such (look at the TC member roster to see which is which).
John Larmouth, for example, is an Individual member, so should be listed
as "John Larmouth, Individual member" both under Contributor and Editor.

Please revise the spec and this submission and get them back to me. In
the meantime Jamie will look through the spec for any further issues, as
well as check for any IPR issues.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org