Subject: FYI Re: OASIS CEO and President's reply

Hi Team,
FYI. Update on the latest.

Best regards,
Tyky Aichelen
OASIS XML Common Biometric Format  TC Chair

----- Forwarded by Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM on 08/31/2003 11:22 AM -----

                      Patrick Gannon
                      <patrick.gannon@oasi        To:       Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
                      s-open.org>                 cc:       Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>, <jmessing@law-on-line.com>,
                                                   Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
                      08/31/2003 10:26 AM         Subject:  Re: Need your help asap for a critical #33 YES vote for XCBF
                                                   before Aug 31 deadline

Dear Tyky,

I regret that this issue of John Messing's voting status for ABA has not
been resolved before this weekend.  I will meet with appropriate staff on
Tuesday to resolve the issue.

In the mean-time, since John has clearly provided his vote via email to
Karl
before the deadline, I see no reason why the vote will not count.

Karl or Scott will provide John with an answer to the issue of his status
as
the ABA voting rep on Tuesday.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

--
Patrick Gannon
President & CEO