xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Prototypical use case attempt: Registration

Thanks Peter.  SourceID and OpenSAML/Shibboleth are definitely on our
radar screen for our reference implementation, though we are not yet
integrating them into our current (alpha) code base.  FYI, we (Identity
Commons) have collected a set of links and resources we find useful
here:  http://wiki.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/SSXDI_2fLinks

Did you get a chance to look at the EnameRegistration page?
http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/XdiUseCases/EnameRegistration

There's an issue regarding the fact that we are expecting the Registry
to generate and return an e-number associated with an e-name that is
being registered.  We considered having the Registrar generate the
e-number, but as it is the Registry that "defines" a community (and
ensures uniqueness of e-names within that community) it seems that the
Registry ought also to generate the unique e-number.

Best,
Fen