xdi message

Subject: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-03-20

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 20 March 2008 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial call of the XDI Technical Committee.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 3526

AGENDA

1) CALL TIMING

After last week's agenda went out, we discovered that the Daylight Savings
Time change in the U.S. actually moved the call to 5AM Toyko time, which is
too early for Nat and his team. Thus we will discuss the possibility of
moving the call one hour later, resulting in the following schedule:

Tokyo		06:00 (6AM)
Pacific	14:00	(2PM)
Eastern	17:00	(5PM)
Rome		22:00	(10PM)

Note that this is ONLY AN OPTION FOR DISCUSSION AND DOES NOT AFFECT THE
TIMING OF TOMORROW'S TELECON.

2) CHARTER CLARIFICATION

Per the action item from last week's telecon, everyone should review the XDI
charter clarification page and the proposed new deliverables schedule:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiCharter

Our only action item left is to determine proposed dates for the remaining
deliverables and schedule it for a ballot.

3) CO-CHAIR TRANSITION

Due to his involvement in Trusted Computing and other work at AMD, Geoffrey
Strongin is ready to pass on his co-chair role to another active member of
the TC. We'll discuss who is interested -- Bill Barnhill has already raised
his hand -- and also if we can hold this election at the same time as voting
on the charter clarification.

4) XDI RDF SUBJECTS DISCUSSION

This week there has been an active thread on the topic of XDI RDF subjects.
We agreed on the thread to devote a short amount of time on the call to help
see if we have reached a mutual set of conclusions.

5) DOLLAR WORDS

Giovanni Bartolomeo has submitted a third draft of his $ word proposal:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27547/Draft-Contrib-OASIS-
XDI-dollar-words-v03.pdf

He will walk us through the proposed new terms.

6) XDI CONTEXTS AND CONTEXT DISCOVERY

If there is time, we will do Part 2 of our review of XDI contexts, again
using the V9 XDI RDF Model document:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27322/xdi-rdf-model-v9.pdf

We'll also use the XDI testing utilities developed by Markus Sabadello:

	http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-converter/XDIConverter
	http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-validator/XDIValidator
	http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-messenger/XDIMessenger

7) OASIS SYMPOSIUM DINNER, DATA SHARING SUMMIT, AND F2F MEETING

A reminder that we have three meeting options coming up, all in the San
Francisco Bay Area:

	- Dinner during the ORMS TC Meeting on Thursday night, May 1.
	- BOF during the Data Sharing Summit Part A April 18-19
	- F2F during and the day after the Data Sharing Summit Part B May 15

See:
	http://www.datasharingsummit.com