xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Chat room for weekly calls

I have one already running on Communitivity.com. I will enable it and make sure it works tonight and send out instructions tonight. It is XMPP, running ejabberd.  I'd be happy to offer this for use of the TC.  I'd prefer XMPP rather than Skype as it is open and offers a wider range of clients.

=Bill.Barnhill

From: Drummond Reed
Sent: Wed 2/4/2009 1:33 AM
To: 'OASIS - XDI TC'
Subject: [xdi] Chat room for weekly calls

Per Markus’ and Giovanni’s notes, I wholeheartedly agree that having a chat room during our telecons is extremely helpful. However I was frustrated by the soaphub chatroom we used on the last call because you can’t type X3 into it – it only permits single lines of text. IMHO any chat room we use must enable us to type X3.

Since a number of callers are using Skype anyway, is there any reason not to just use a Skype chatroom? Or, if that is a problem, is there any other open chatroom we can use that would allow us to type X3?

=Drummond