xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2010-02-18

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 18 February 2010 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Giovanni Bartolomeo

Markus Sabadello

John Bradley

Drummond Reed

AGENDA

1) GIOVANNI METAMODEL DISCUSSION CONTINUED

Giovanni posted slides at:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36424/semantic-kit4xdi.pdf

He was not ready yet to discuss the next part; that will probably come after RSA.

2) X3J (X3 FOR JSON) SERIALIZATION FORMAT DISCUSSION

Drummond and Markus explained that they are doing work on a smart address book service in which it may be particularly attractive to have an X3 JSON serialization format defined. The previous thread that currently ends with Bill's message is at:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00010.html

Markus did some work to list the outstanding issues on the X3Format page at:

 http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/X3Format#OpenIssues

We had a very productive discussion of these issues. It resulted in a proposal from Markus that is written up directly on the wiki page. This proposal addresses all the open issues except #5, comments. We explored several options for supporting comments but could not find one that worked cleanly. Thus for now we suggest that the X3J serialization format just remain commentless.

# ACTION: Bill to review the proposal on the X3Format page and post whether he agrees with it, and also whether he has any ideas about how to solve the comment issue.

4) NEXT CALL

Currently the plan is that the next call will be next week at the regular time, however Drummond may not be able to attend due to RSA preparations. Drummond will email the list if this is the case.