xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Article on XDI issued into Wiley's International Journalof Communication Systems Volume 23, Issue 6-7

Great job Giovanni, congratulations!

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Rome, NY
315-330-7386  | william.barnhill.ctr@rl.af.mil | barnhill_william@bah.com
From: Giovanni Bartolomeo [giovanni.bartolomeo@uniroma2.it]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 6:24 AM
To: OASIS - XDI TC

Hello, things are moving faster in XDI world and I'm pleased to announce that the current issue (Volume 23, Issue 6-7 June - July 2010) of the International Journal of Communication Systems contains an article I've written about integration of XDI in Next Generation Network standard architectures.

An excerpt from the abstract: (see also http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/123206047/abstract)

This paper proposes a novel, totally distributed solution for data federation, where authorization, management of data localization and synchronization of federated data are thought to be part of the meta information that may be associated with each data element, rather than being external resources or built-in functions, as in legacy solutions. First, the paper introduces the work on personalization and UPM and the NGN architecture being done at ETSI. Then, the paper illustrates the work on user data interoperability performed at OASIS XDI TC. Finally, based on these inputs, it explains how to combine them into a novel solution (which is not part of ETSI or OASIS specifications).

A section of this article reports hints on XDI syntax and semantics which have been discussed during last two years. So thank you to all TC members for these very useful and fruitful discussions.

Looking ahead: my plan is now to resume my work on a second paper throughly focused on semantic aspects of XDI. Potential contributors are welcome and can check http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36424/semantic-kit4xdi.pdf which gives some first idea of my view about XDI semantics I'd like to illustrate in this new paper. Part 2 of these slides will come and is likely it will include many inputs coming from the parallel activity on commenting the PDX sample document.

Thank you very much.
Giovanni

Invito da parte dell'Ateneo:
Il tuo futuro e quello della Ricerca Scientifica hanno bisogno del
tuo aiuto. Dona il  5 x mille all'Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
codice fiscale: 80213750583 http://5x1000.uniroma2.it