xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2010-06-17

Mary,

We're currently only using Idearpad (an instance of Etherpad, that has been open-sourced) as a real-time collaboration resource during telecons (for which it is incredibly useful for discussions of XDI, where dynamic whiteboarding of examples is essential), and then we copy it into the minutes, much like W3C uses a copy of their chat channel.

Bill is suggested that OASIS could actually host Etherpad as a new dynamic collaboration tool with permanent records. That would be awesome, but I know that could take awhile to go through the approval chain.

=Drummond

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Barnhill, William [USA] <barnhill_william@bah.com> wrote:
Hi Mary,

Drummond can attest that I am often one of the first to mention that point and did fret a bit about that in this case.
A nice thing though is that the sw is open source so could be hosted by Oasis, and I would recommend that. More later, plane is about to start taxiing.

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Rome, NY
315-330-7386  | william.barnhill.ctr@rl.af.mil | barnhill_william@bah.com
From: Mary McRae [mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:39 AM
To: Barnhill, William [USA]
Cc: Drummond Reed; OASIS - XDI TC

Please remember that only OASIS-approved resources are to be used for gathering/maintaining any/all information related to the work of the TC and all resources must be publicly viewable.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org<mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
web: www.oasis-open.org<http://www.oasis-open.org>
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.