xdi message

Subject: Constructs/Operators (was: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2:30PMPT 2010-10-14)

Giovanni, thanks for creating this page.

I added a section at the end called Discussion, and then listed three questions to start the discussion. I'll list them here for quick reference, but I encourage TC members to respond inline on the wiki page and then post a reference to their comments here. That way the history of the discussion -- and the conclusions -- are much easier to track.

Thanks,

=Drummond

DRUMMOND'S INITIAL QUESTIONS - Go to http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiNewFoundation to answer:

=== (From Drummond 2010-10-15) What sources can we cite for the generalized definitions of these constructs/operators? ===
I'm suspecting that [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language|UML]] is one source of the definitions of these concepts. Are there any others? This would be very helpful when we draft our 1.0 specs, because we can include citations of these definitions to help readers understand our choice of constructs/operators.

=== (From Drummond 2010-10-15) What precisely is meant my attribution? ===
Do you mean "declaration of an attribute on a subject"?

=== (From Drummond 2010-10-15) What is the difference between aggregation and contextualization? ===
Is this similar to the difference in UML between aggregation and composition?