xdi message

Subject: $onelevel versus $depth$1

Markus asked why not use $depth$1 versus $onelevel?

1) $onelevel is a special case. Its the most common depth, so it deserves a special keyword.

2) Why do $depth and $onelevel have to be mutually exclusive?

3) I think its bad practice for servers to support $depth$1 and not $depth$2 etc. I'd rather the XDI server implemenations just say that $depth is supported or not supported, but not partially supported.

- Mike