xdi message

Subject: XDI Discovery for existing XRIs

HI all,

In the past I implemented two services that can "map" XRI discovery information to two other discovery methods, namely XRD/Webfinger and Simple Web Discovery:
http://xri2xrd.net/
http://xri2swd.net/

The code for those services is in OpenXRI.

Now I added a third service, which can map XRI discovery information to XDI Discovery:
http://xri2xdi.net/

The code for this is in XDI², and here is some documentation:
https://github.com/peacekeeper/xdi2/wiki/xdi2-xri2xdi

For example, you could send an XDI message like the following:
=somename$($msg)$(!1234)$do/$get/=markus
And you would get back this:
()/()/(())
(())/$is/()
()/()/(=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24)
(=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24)/()/$!($uri)
(=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24)$!($uri)/!/(data:,https://xdi.fullxri.com/=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24/)
()/()/(=markus)
(=markus)/$is/(=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24)
()/()/=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24
()/()/=markus
=markus/$is/=!91F2.8153.F600.AE24
I realize XDI Discovery and the future of the global XRI registry are under discussion, but I think this service can be temporarily useful.

Markus