xdi message

Subject: Fwd: Yahoo to reuse email addresses - re: Identifier persistence

I think this will give Drummond a bit of a chuckle :)

Do you think that the idea of using email address as a primary id is ... BROKEN!!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: June 20, 2013, 5:53:37 PM EDT
To: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>

As email addresses become increasingly the grounding point for identity
on the net, interesting to ask whether we should be expecting some
standards of persistence ...  or should we be always quoting them with a date?

Timbl

"""Yahoo tells security critics to chillax regarding its email recycling program

So much for trying to be nice. Yahoo’s latest bid to lift itself from the tech also-ran swamp with an email recycling initiative has been criticized for potential security threats to dormant users. To try and calm down the pitchfork-wielding crowd, the company has released a statement describing various security measures that will be taken to insure past users’ data and security—but they may not cover all the bases."""

http://www.techhive.com/article/2042508/yahoo-tells-security-critics-to-chillax-regarding-its-email-recycling-program.html