Subject: SV: [xliff-comment] Grouping translations across <trans-unit>elements

Thanks Rodolfo, but I was not referring to sub segmentation but to the section "2.8 Grouping translations across <trans-unit> elements". and this example in particular:

<group merged-trans="yes">
 <trans-unit id="t1">
 <source>The German acronym v.</source>
 <target equiv-trans="no">Niemiecki skrót v. OT oznacza górna pozycje silnika.</target>
 </trans-unit>
 <trans-unit id="t2">
 <source>OT signifies the top dead center position for an engine.</source>
 <target equiv-trans="no"/>
 </trans-unit>
 </group>

My proposition would be to generate the XLIFF with all white spaces between trans-unit's with translatable content in separate trans-units this way:

<group merged-trans="yes">
 <trans-unit id="t1">
 <source>The German acronym v.</source>
 <target equiv-trans="no">Niemiecki skrót v. OT oznacza górna pozycje silnika.</target>
 </trans-unit>
 <trans-unit id="t2" translate="no">
 <source> </source>
 <target equiv-trans="no"/>
 </trans-unit>
 <trans-unit id="t3">
 <source>OT signifies the top dead center position for an engine.</source>
 <target equiv-trans="no"/>
 </trans-unit>
 </group>

This way an XLIFF editor/TMX Export will be able to see the merged source as:
"The German acronym v. OT signifies the top dead center position for an engine."
instead of:
"The German acronym v.OT signifies the top dead center position for an engine."

Imagine for example that the white space was tabs or new lines and you can see the problems that could arise after the file is back converted.

Regards,
Fredrik