Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Schema issues with extensible attributes

I believe the .NET Parser is exhibiting incorrect behavior because it is not
"lax" about validating the other namespace. But I spend a good portion of my
time working around Microsoft bugs. I'm not sure whether the XSV error is
fatal or just a warning, but given the common use of the .NET parser and the
error in XSV, I figured it was best to use "skip". I agree the "lax" is
theoretically the preferred option, but practically the tools don't handle
it.

This is the output from the XML parsers that complain about "lax":

Validating Sample_AlmostEverything_1.2_strict.xlf

Running custom validation engine .NET XML Parser...

file:///c:/XLIFF/Specifications/XLIFF
1.2/Sample_AlmostEverything_1.2_strict.xlf:9,5: Could not find schema
information for the element 'http://www.tektronix.com:header'.

-----------------------------------

Validation complete with 1 error(s)

Validating ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf (from the HTML profile)

Running custom validation engine .NET XML Parser...

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:6,30: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:id'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:6,46: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:title'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:7,48: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:id'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:7,65: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:style'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:17,48: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:id'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:17,64: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:style'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:31,33: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:border'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:31,48: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:cellspacing'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:31,68: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:cellpadding'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:32,33: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:_this'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:87,56: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:name'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:87,70: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:id'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:90,56: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:name'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:90,70: Could not find schema information for
the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:id'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:121,36: Could not find schema information
for the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:rowspan'.

ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf:139,36: Could not find schema information
for the attribute 'http://www.tektronix.com/TC:colspan'.

-----------------------------------

Validation complete with 16 error(s)

Running custom validation engine XSV 2.10-1...

XSV 2.10-1 of 2005/04/22 13:10:49

Error: can't retrieve "http://www.tek.com/TC": 404 Not found

Regards,

Doug Domeny