OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff-omos message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Modified: 2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conference Call)

Submitter's message
Minutes added, thanks to Phil
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: 2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conference Call)

Date: Tuesday, 10 October 2017, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WEST
Location: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822



This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.


A. Admin

1- Roll call


x out 7 Voters total

B. Material






AI Robert:  Update the examples to conform to latest schema


- Continue discussion on qualified names

Possible prefixes? 

underscore "_" 

colon ":"

dolar sign "$"

Consensus from last time was ":"


But see Chase take on context:


Looks like "_" more viable after all?

Let's discuss usage of a general context file that woul be linked from all JLIFF, as proposed by Chase..


There will be new extraction /merge example by Moravia, should appear either on XLIFF SVN or TAPICC GitHub..


3- TBX Mapping

Report from editorial 1-2-1 meeting [skipping until TC 37 meetings in Vienna late June]

current editor's draft: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff-omos/trunk/XLIFF-TBX/xliff-tbx-v1.0.pdf

Is it time to resume work on the TBX Basic mapping?

C- Otherr Topics

2- Liaisons

Where to place work on extraction reference guides? Seems industry want that..

Proposed that as TAPICC track inside Strand 1 Supply Chain Automation. WG3

Tragte to provide technically stable JLIFF 1.0 by GALA Boston March 2018.

Ballot on cs01 will started at XLIFF TC.. See https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3130



3- Promotion

FEISGILTT / XLIFF / JLIFF Symposium schedule published


Registration open



4- AOB

1- Date of next meeting

2- Looking for a new secretary. Contact dF

dF: We are skipping Oct. 24th.  Do the other dates (14th Nov, 28th Nov, 12th Dec)  sound good? Will run Doodle for the holiday season..


OMOS 10 October 2017 Attendees: phil (minutes), david, chase, robert,

Previous minutes: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201710/msg00001.html Minutes approved as record.

df: hope to make progress soon on object model.

AI from last meeting actioned by RVE rve: added source and target attributes and also different roots.

pr: discussed his email regarding different roots and the impact on serialization/deserialization cdoe.

rve: schema uses "oneOf" properties. A new property of "content" could abstract these properties away.

df: we could call the logical root property "root".

rve: modify example 4 instead of units have root and above that have type property of "group" or "file"

df: without type you cannot tell what level the content is.

pr: generic root property and an additional type property describing the value of root.

ct: I don't feel totally comfortable with root because it has no semantics but we can use it for the moment until I think of an alternative.

rve: I will make teh changes for the next meeting.

df: standard makers should go for ease of implementation even if schema is more difficult.

rve: if the schema is example driven then it should be fine.

df: I like the idea of a massive "context" file somewhere. we could havea good location for teh context file and just reference it. ...having the context in a rock solid location is ideal.

rve: agreed. ...if this is acceptable then the question is at what level you want to store it ...either define the namespace or the namespace and name

ct: I need to look at it but it seems promising. ...it would be cleaner

df: you propose uri shortening with context ...jliff can be more fluid if we don't define all of the names ...one minor issue when using prefixes we should use 'gls' to be consistent with xliff ...should prefix registraton be independant of xliff tc?

 ct: should probably be coordinated with the xliff tc

df: to be indepenadant from xliff tc we would have to take out of oasis, which could be difficult ...there is need for coordination so should formally ask them ...demand registerd prefixes don't use the separation character we choose

rve: my interpretation of json-ld is that it allows colons ...more like name normalization

df: the xliff tc reg mechanism should specify that it does not contain colon ...as colon in prefixes would create issues also for the xml implementation, it's a reasonable thing to request.. this process is outside of the standard, so can be easily modified

 rve: next step for context that json-ld ...is there an xliff example to use as an example? df: back to topic of test suite ...don't have a very complex example ...test suite is pretty single responsibility type tests ...xliff examples are here: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-21/test-suite/modules/valid/#_trunk_xliff-21_test-suite_modules_valid_ ...the context helps to expand to fully qualified names ...ct, will you try to create the contex file?

ct: sure..

AI: ct to commit context file and robert to make changes to schema to reference the context file.. 

dF: New XLIFF examples will be available for feisgiltt on TAPICC GitHub repo.


TBX Mapping

df: no james, so skip 

Other Liasons

df: TAPICC Track 2 and/or 3 probably not happen before March next year ...technically stable version of jliff by March 2018 seems so a good target timeframe.. It's encouraging to know that there are people waiting to use the technology..

XLIFF 2.1 ...cos01 approved by TC! should be published by OASIS next week..

 FEISGILTT df: 31/10 and 01/11

ct: I've been working for the time being individually but I'll send copy to rve for sanity check

df: please help push registration on social media https://locworld.com/events/feisgiltt2017/

Next Meeting

Skipping 24 October  as df not vailable 14 November next meeting with probable quorum Last meeting of year 12 December

Meeting adjourned

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC calendar here.
  • You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.

Attachment: ical_41710.ics
Description: application/ics

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
SUMMARY:2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conferen
 ce Call)
 s/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822\n\nAgenda: A. 
 Admin\n\n1- Roll call\n\n \n\nx out 7 Voters total\n\nB. Mat
 erial\n\n1- XLIFF OM\n\n(https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-
 omos-om)\n\n \n\n2- JLIFF\n\n(https://github.com/oasis-tcs/x
 liff-omos-jliff)\n\nAI Robert:  Update the examples to confo
 rm to latest schema\n\n \n\n- Continue discussion on qualifi
 ed names\n\nPossible prefixes? \n\nunderscore &quot\;_&quot\
 ; \n\ncolon &quot\;:&quot\;\n\ndolar sign &quot\;$&quot\;\n\
 nConsensus from last time was &quot\;:&quot\;\n\n \n\nBut se
 e Chase take on context:\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/
 \n\nLooks like &quot\;_&quot\; more viable after all?\n\nLet
 &#39\;s discuss usage of a general context file that woul be
  linked from all JLIFF\, as proposed by Chase..\n\n \n\nTher
 e will be new extraction /merge example by Moravia\, should 
 appear either on XLIFF SVN or TAPICC GitHub..\n\n \n\n3- TBX
  Mapping\n\nReport from editorial 1-2-1 meeting [skipping un
 til TC 37 meetings in Vienna late June]\n\ncurrent editor&#3
 9\;s draft: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/bro
  it time to resume work on the TBX Basic mapping?\n\nC- Othe
 rr Topics\n\n2- Liaisons\n\nWhere to place work on extractio
 n reference guides? Seems industry want that..\n\nProposed t
 hat as TAPICC track inside Strand 1 Supply Chain Automation.
  WG3\n\nTragte to provide technically stable JLIFF 1.0 by GA
 LA Boston March 2018.\n\nBallot on cs01 will started at XLIF
 F TC.. See https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?
 id=3130\n\n \n\n \n\n3- Promotion\n\nFEISGILTT / XLIFF / JLI
 FF Symposium schedule published\n\nhttps://locworld.com/wp-c
 ion open\n\nhttps://locworld.com/events/feisgiltt2017/\n\n \
 n\n4- AOB\n\n1- Date of next meeting\n\n2- Looking for a new
  secretary. Contact dF\n\ndF: We are skipping Oct. 24th.  Do
  the other dates (14th Nov\, 28th Nov\, 12th Dec)  sound goo
 d? Will run Doodle for the holiday season..\nGroup: OASIS XL
 IFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC\nC
 reator: Dr. David Filip

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]