xliff-promotion message

Subject: RE: [xliff-promotion] [urgent] SC Review/Feedback request - Call for Papers XLIFF Symposium

Hi David,

> Re the paper submissions, I am afraid that we will need
> to require that people register at EasyChair, it costs
> them nothing and they have to give us their details
> anyway. EasyChair is pretty standard conference solution,
> so many people have an account, and the registration for
> the new ones is easy..

I think you are over-estimating the number of people using EasyChair. And regardless, I think one should not have to register to any specific Web site to just submit a proposal (that may not get accepted). I can just send it by email for LocWorld. Why would you need to register for doing the same thing for the XLIFF days?

I dislike having mandatory registrations foisted on me: Most of the time you cannot de-register and the third-party doesn't respect its privacy policy. Not everyone is like me obviously, but I suspect I'm not alone with such feelings.

But more simply: It just makes thing a lot more complicated for the possible speakers.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
-yves