xliff-promotion message

Subject: Re: [xliff-promotion] XLIFF business perspective for LocWorld/ITS joint session

Thanks Kevin, let us work from this germ. See my inline additions/comments below
@Bryan, is there a way to have P&L SC restricted wiki?

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Kevin O'Donnell <kevinod@microsoft.com> wrote:

> ·         Use of XLIFF 2.0 facilitates easier tool/technology sharing
> (counterpoint to the disparity of tool support for XLIFF 1.2)
BECAUSE: XLIFF 2.0 core is much smaller, it shows the implementer what
is non-negotiable
YET: the modular approach and extensibility allow for handing complex
scenarios in a flexible AND interoperable way.

> ·         Less reliance on de facto standards produces level playing field
> for tool providers Making XLIFF more ubiquitous drives business
> opportunities; examples:
>
> o   SharePoint 2013 exporting data as XLIFF – drives enterprises to use
> standards; enables loc providers to deliver turnkey solutions
>
> o   Visual Studio add-in (Multilingual App Toolkit) – drives developers to
> use XLIFF as exchange format for app development

Libre Office - Within LT-Web, a German company works on the XLIFF+ITS
save in Libre Office
Drupal - Tectronix module, Cocomore XHTML->XLIFF

Base on the above:
XLIFF is becoming a mainstream format accessible to end users in
TRANSPARENT way.

> ·         As interoperability increases, the loc industry will mature and
> foster greater innovation and agility, built on top of robust frameworks
Stress on robust future proof framework
> ·         Interoperability (e.g. with XLIFF) promotes greater competition
> across loc industry – beneficial for all parties
Baseline extensible interchange standard allows for business process innovation